A. Clinical Dietetics
1. To develop and review diet literatures for patients, carers or staff.
2. To provide nutritional support and dietary consultation to all referred in-/outpatients.
3. To liaise with medical staff, nursing staff and other allied health professionals regarding the dietary management of patients.
4. To keep appropriate records and correspondence regarding patients.
5. To ensure an accurate collection of statistical data required for management purposes.
6. To assist in liaising with vendors of nutritional products and ensure the appropriate products are purchased.
B. Food Services
1. To participate in the menu planning for normal and therapeutic diets.
2. To inspect and monitor the preparation and serving of therapeutic diets.
3. To provide in-house dietetic lectures or training sessions to staff particularly Dietetic, Dietary and Nursing.
4. To monitor outsource catering / cafeteria. (where relevant)
C. Community Nutrition
5. To plan and conduct nutrition education programs or talks for patients and publics.
D. Professional Development
6. To participate actively in professional development programs to update and upgrade managerial and professional skills. E.g. attend relevant seminars/ conferences.
7. To carry out duties as an employee as stipulated in Occupational Safety and Health Act and Regulations 1994:-
• To take reasonable care at work for the safety of yourself and other persons;
• To co-operate with your employer or any other person in the discharge of any duty;
• To wear or use any protective equipment or clothing provided by the employer;
• To comply with any instruction or measure on occupational safety and health
8. Ensure all policies and procedures of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 are adhered to and records maintained, if and when programs are implemented.
9. Ensure to actively participate in all qualityaccreditation activities (e.g. JCI, MSQH, 5S – where applicable)
10. Ensure the policies on patients and family’s right are addressed at all times.
11. Ensure compliance to Patient Safety Goals as safety improvement measure recommended by World Alliance for Patient Safety (2008)
12. Ensure adherence to Standard People Practice (SPP)
13. To assist in any other responsibility as deemed necessary by immediate Superior or Hospital Management
Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:
Technical Skills or Particular Experience:
1. Postgraduate Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Dietetics plus clinical internship at hospital setting.
2. Preferred Master Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics
3. Preferred at least 1 year related working experience.
Good interpersonal skills;
friendly and approachable;
capable to communicate with all levels of staff and patients preferably in different languages particularly Malay and English or with Mandarin or Cantonese;
18-31, 18th Floor Aveue Crest, Jalan Jubli Perak, Seksyen 22, Batu 3 40150 Shah Alam Selangor, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
MIMS Career Sdn Bhd (1199876-U)
MIMS Career Sdn Bhd is a healthcare tailored recruitment company. (License no: 2998)
We help healthcare institution to find and hire the best qualified candidates.
We assist healthcare professionals to find the right position suitable for their requirements and skills.
MIMS Group established in 1963, is a leading healthcare media company providing tailored solutions to healthcare professionals and institutions.
It has presence in 13 countries and regions (Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Australia, New Zealand)
MIMS Group provides drug reference, medical events, disease treatment guidelines, medical newspaper, CME events, e-learning, online healthcare professionals community discussion forum and career portal.
Check our website for more information