A) Administrative duties
1. Develop new standards and SOP’s based on developments in Infection Control
2. Work closely with Infection control nurses/managers/committees in establishing priorities and QA (quality assurance) best practices, through the establishment of standards, training, operational procedures and audits tools.
3. Maintains excellent working relationships with government agencies, hospitals’ management teams, external vendors and training providers. Ensures the professional image of the company is maintained at all times.
B) Surveillance duties
1. Monitors outbreaks of infectious diseases within the hospitals.
2. Takes a leadership role for the organization when faced with infectious outbreaks and/or pandemics affecting staffs and patients in the hospitals.
3. Monitors implementation of staff health policies.
4. Lead the Internal Audit Team in matters pertaining to Infection Control, and assesses hospitals’ compliance with accreditation standards.
C) Clinical Practice duties
1. Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to the group of hospitals to ensure Infection Control guidelines and policies are in place.
2. Ensure infection control policies and practices are in compliance with current legislative, accreditation standards and company standards.
3. Reviews new infection control related equipment/devices and provides expert advice on the usage of such equipment/devices in the hospitals
D) Training and Education duties
1. Keeps herself continuously updated by reading relevant literature on new developments in Infection Control and Quality Assurance. Attends relevant training and education programs.
2. Review and advise on Infection Control staff education
3. Identifies training needs related to Infection Control. Coordinates, develops and conducts Infection Control training and education sessions.