1. Performs general radiography examinations in accordance with the policies and procedures applicable to the radiology room.
2. Performs Radiography examination in ward whenever called upon.
3. Performs radiography examination in Operation Theater whenever called upon.
4. Assists Radiologist, Cardiologist in Angiography and Interventional Procedures in Cardiovascular Lab.
5. Checks and starts up the machines in the mornings.
6. Shut down the machines at the end of the evenings.
7. Verification of patient’s identification against Imaging request form before proceeding to any Imaging procedure.
8. Selects proper projections according to departmental policies and procedures guidelines.
9. Carries out the code of practice for radiation protection.
10. Makes sure that proper size films and proper exposure factor selection are used during procedures.
11. Verification of films/CD done for correct patient’s identification, Anatomy markers, etc., before sending for reporting.
12. Burn CDs after the x-ray examination.
13. Cleans and maintains X-Ray machines and X-Ray accessories in the various rooms.
14. Requires to be on stand-by duty after office hours when rostered.
15. Requires to be on Extended Duties for MRI service on Saturday and Sunday.
16. Assists the Unit Head of Imaging Department in the day to day running of the department.
17. Assists in coordination of activities of Imaging department with other departments to ensure efficient service is delivered.
18. If necessary and if the demand is there, shift duties will be carried out.
19. All other duties within the department will be carried out when instructed by the Unit Head.
20. Supervising Junior Radiographers and Technologists in all service area.
21. Participate in monitoring of reject analysis.
22. Assists in monitoring of equipment function, and log on any equipment malfunction.
23. Assists in constantly improve customers satisfaction level.
• Degree in Diagnostic Imaging and Radiotherapy
• Diploma in Radiography
• Diploma in Medical Imaging