• Reviews written prescriptions for accuracy, drug interactions and incompatibilities.
• Performs medication reconciliation or medication order review for all prescription orders.
• Provides information to medical and other staff members about drugs, their various dosage forms and packaging.
• Provides Asthma Counseling or Warfarin and anticoagulantCounseling for patients
• Ensures all new hires are adequately orientated and supervised to ensure their understanding of work procedures.
• Performs audits and supervises the billing of pharmaceuticals and supplies
Education / Professional Qualification
• Has a Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized University.
• Must be registered with Pharmacy Board of Malaysia.
• Possess a Poisons Type A License to deal generally with Controlled Medicines.
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Leadership abilities
• Able to prioritize, delegate and coordinate activities effectively. Able to critically evaluate literature, problem-solve and teach.
• Ability to attend to detail with accuracy.
• Computer knowledge is an added advantage.
• One year experience in hospital-based Pharmacy is an advantage